This is my new favorite “toast'“.
And I put toast in quotations because I mean the fancy kind. The boushie stuff you order at restaurants, or make at home with avocado roses. I’m definitely not talking smack, I’m just calling out the cultural phenomenon. This version is the farmer’s market toast you didn’t know you needed in your life. Fresh, homemade ricotta (surprisingly easy, don’t be intimidated), spicy crunchy radishes, chewy crusty bread, seasonings and a little too much olive oil, make this snack an absolute dream.
I highly recommend using the following ingredients:
Flaked salt. Because it adds pops of salt which make this thing a thing.
Fresh ricotta. It’s easy and literally tastes like a heavenly cloud of fluffy, slightly sweet, a little salty, dairy goodness.
Olive bread. I love a good briny food, and olive bread just offers a nice dynamic taste. If you can’t find it or don’t like olives, go for a sourdough.
Fresh Ricotta & Radish Toast
Fresh, farmers market toasts with homemade ricotta.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 slices of olive sourdough bread (or your favorite crusty loaf)
- 1 handful fresh radishes, cleaned, trimmed, and chopped into bite sized pieces
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of flaked salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper or optional aleppo pepper
- Bring the heavy cream and milk to a boil in a medium sauce pot. Immediately remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice and salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, or until curds begin to form.
- Pour into a super fine mesh strainer and let the liquid drain for at least 20 minutes, ideally a few hours, until a thick ricotta has formed.
- Toast 2-4 slices of bread, then layer on ricotta, radishes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Yield: 1-2 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.