This is another one of those recipes...
The kind that takes little effort and yet manages to feel special. If you're feeling blah about breakfast, this is the one to break you free from your rut. Baked eggs in roasted tomatoes are super easy and a great option for weekly meal planning, but even better for a fun last minute brunch. Have fun with this one my friends!
My only suggestion would be to create a "quiche" rather than a dropped egg. Maybe add some sautéed greens? Play around and have fun!
A Note or Two
Roast the tomatoes today for even faster meal tomorrow!
Lightly dress fresh spring greens with oil and vinegar (and a dash of dijon!) and you'll have the most luxurious meal for the least amount of effort.
Baked Eggs in Roasted Tomatoes
Baked eggs in roasted tomatoes are super easy and a great option for weekly meal planning, but even better for a fun last minute brunch. Have fun with this one my friends!
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the top of the tomatoes and use a small spoon to remove core and seeds. Arrange in a baking dish, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic. Roast until tomatoes are tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Crack an egg into each tomato and season with salt and pepper. Bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 9 minutes more.
Yield: 6 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 40 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.