This recipe is a total weeknight dinner win.
Baked mushroom and artichoke chicken is super easy to make, can be served with rice, couscous, or a salad (read: whatever’s easy), and tastes pretty darn delicious. The sauce is practically drinkable, and I’d consider making it a daily vinaigrette because I just love it that much. The mushrooms cook up perfectly tender and the artichoke hearts, well, man… let’s just say this recipe begs to ask the question, why am I not using artichoke hearts in everything I make? There’s really not much to fuss over in this recipe so luckily I don’t have much to say! Okay actually, one thing. The fresh herbs. Don’t skip. I know it’s hard to always have it around this time of year, but I bet you need to go to the grocery store to get artichoke hearts and chicken thighs anyway, so just make sure you grab the parsley. Oh and the flaked salt. Don’t forget that either. Capiche?
Baked Mushroom & Artichoke Chicken
Super easy to make and pairs well with anything you have on hand - rice, couscous, a side salad, etc.
- 4 lbs. chicken legs and thighs, w/ skin (or breasts if that's your preference)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, or apprx. 1 cup frozen
- 1 medium onion, chopped large to match artichokes
- 1 lb. crimini mushrooms, halved and quartered to match artichokes
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegard
- 1/4 c. white wine (or sub. chicken stock)
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- Heavy sprinkle flaked salt over top
- For Garnish: 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional: In a cast iron pan over medium heat, sear salted chicken thighs until a nice brown color is achieved, but chicken is not cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large baking dish layer browned chicken with artichokes, mushrooms, and onions.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a liquid measuring cup and pour over chicken and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, mixing and basting twice. Chicken is ready when it is firm to the touch and the internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with your favorite side!
Yield: 4-6Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 35 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.