Ironically, I'm not one for recipes. I'm more of a throw everything but the kitchen sink in my pan, and play with sauces and flavors.
This recipe was created in that very manner with the help of my summer CSA box, and a few pantry staples. It's really the sauce that makes this one. Wine, parmesan, butter, and garlic. You literally can't go wrong. This easy, no-brainer recipe will become a staple in your weeknight meal rotation. Just replace the squash with any seasonal vegetable and you'll have a a year round go-to.
- 1 stick Butter, cut in half
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small pattypan squash, chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan
- handful fresh thyme
- 1/2 lb. rigatoni, cooked with 1 cup reserved pasta water
- to taste salt